- Ledger support is available on MacOS, Windows and Linux devices
- Start by installing Ledger Live
- Ensure your hardware wallet's firmware is up to date by connecting your device to the official Ledger Live application
- Install the latest version of the Cardano App in your ledger device using Ledger Live.
Linux + Ledger prerequisites
- Linux users pairing a Ledger HW need to create a set of udev rules to allow device access, please refer to https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005165269
Pairing Ledger hardware wallet with Lace
1. On home window, click Connect to pair your Hardware wallet.
3. Click Agree (or Skip) for sharing data analytics.
4. Click on Ledger, a prompt will jump out saying: "Lace" wants to connect to a HID device.
5. Choose your device to connect. (If the prompt shows "No compatible device found", you need to enter the PIN to unlock your Ledger and open the Cardano App in Ledger first)
6. The Next button will light up, please click Next to continue.
7. Select an Account and click Next.
8. Enter a name for your wallet, click Create.
9. You may follow our official Social Media accounts on the following page, and click Go to my wallet to finish.
10. Your Ledger hardware wallet is all set!
- When you use Ledger hardware wallet with Lace, Lace is only used to view the information that is stored inside of your Ledger device.
- Unlike setting up a Lace wallet, there is no need to set up password and secret passphrase when pairing a Ledger device with Lace. To verify your Ledger hardware wallet recovery phrase, please go to Ledger Recovery Check.
- You will need to connect the Ledger device with Lace every time when making a transaction.