This method of reinstallation is faster but requires 20GB free disk space. If you don't have that much disk space or would like to do a clean reinstallation then use the Daedalus reinstallation - normal method.
Make sure you have your 12-word Daedalus wallet recovery phrase before you uninstall. If you do not have your 12-word Daedalus wallet recovery phrase you will lose all your ADA.
You can check your 12-word Daedalus wallet recovery phrase to see if it is valid before you reinstall.
Also, make sure you have 20 GB free disk space on your machine. This method of reinstalling is faster but it creates a second copy of the blockchain on your machine so it takes up more space.
Daedalus wallet reinstallation - quick method
- - Reboot your machine to ensure Daedalus is not running.
- - Go to Control Panel in Windows and select Uninstall a program
- - From the list of installed applications select Daedalus
- - Uninstall Daedalus application
- - Type %appdata% in the explorer’s address bar -Open Daedalus folder
- - Rename Daedalus folder to Daedalus_old
- - Download the latest copy of Daedalus: https://daedaluswallet.io/#download
- - Reinstall using latest installer
- Reboot your machine to ensure Daedalus is not running.
- In Finder on the Go menu select Applications
- Select Daedalus.app which is located in the Applications folder and delete it
- In Finder on the Go menu select Goto Folder…
- Enter ~/Library/Application Support/Daedalus
- Note that if you cannot find the Daedalus folder your Library folder may be hidden. You will need to Unhide the Library folder.
- Rename Daedalus folder to Daedalus_old
- Download new Daedalus application https://daedaluswallet.io/#download
- Install using latest installer
- Navigate to /home/.local/share/Daedalus/mainnet
- Delete DB-1.0 folder
- Delete Wallet-acid folder
- Download latest Linux installer from Linux installation files
- Launch command line and cd /Downloads/
- Make latest installer file executable (example chmod +x daedalus-0.12.0-cardano-sl-2.0.0-testnet-x86_64-linux-3670.bin)
- From command line run the installer (example ./daedalus-0.12.0-cardano-sl-2.0.0-testnet-x86_64-linux-3670.bin)
- Run Daedalus ~/.local/bin/daedalus
Note: to completely remove Daedalus from Linux OS please see: How to uninstall Daedalus from Linux
Post install instructions Windows, macOS & Linux
- After re-installing Daedalus it will take some time to sync the blockchain, the blockchain is over 14GB in size so depending on internet speed it could even take a few days.
- Once the sync is complete restore your wallet using 12-word Daedalus wallet recovery phrase.
- Delete your Daedalus_old folder.