Daedalus is displaying a red screen message related to your machine time being out of sync.
The time on your computer is not in sync with the network. If the time on your computer is off by more than 15 seconds from Network Time (used by Daedalus wallet), Daedalus wallet will not be able to connect to the network.
Note that the 'Cannot Connect to Network' message can be caused by a number of problems. See 'Cannot Connect to Network' message article for more information.
Note that Linux Ubuntu does not use NPT time by default. NPT time is used by Daedalus.
To fix this issue, you will need to synchronize the time on your computer with a Network Time Protocol (NTP) server. To do this you will need to update the settings of your operating system.
Using the Daedalus Diagnostics Screen:
Navigate to the Daedalus Diagnostics screen:
Click on the Check time link in the middle left of this window in the Daedalus Status group.
Manual Update Method:
- Press the Windows Button+S (Win+S)
- Type in Settings
- In Find a setting field type in Date
- Go to Date and time settings
- Select Additional date, time & regional settings. A new window will pop up.
- Select Set date and time
- Go to the Internet time tab
- Select Change settings
- Select Update now
Note: there should be a message like The clock was successfully synchronized; if there's an error, try selecting Update now again or select a different server from the drop-down menu.
- Click the clock that is located on the top right of the screen
- Select Open Date & Time Preferences...
- Check the lock icon in the lower-left of the settings window. If the lock is closed, click on the lock and enter your computer login password to unlock settings.
- Uncheck the Set date and time automatically
If using Ubuntu check that NTP time is configured to be used, this is NOT the default for Ubuntu.
See other Known Issues