Daedalus is displaying a 'Connecting to network...' message for a long period of time.
See the list of solutions below and their causes for more details.
1. Make sure that your computer meets the System Requirements
2. Wait a few minutes! Often network issues are temporary, if you wait up to 20-25 minutes the issue may be resolved. The length of time it takes to connects can be dependent on your machine and network performance.
If nothing has improved, you will see the "Having trouble connecting to the network?" message and a link prompting you to read the article or open a support ticket.
3. Verify that Daedalus is allowed through your firewall. For Windows: Check if "Daedalus Mainnet.exe" and "cardano-node.exe" are listed in the Windows firewall (Windows Only) Microsoft Firewall Help
4. Check that your internet connection is active
5. Reboot your machine
6. Reboot your router
7. Try using a different ISP (internet service provider)
8. Disable your VPN if you are using one
9. Check if your machine clock is out of sync: Machine clock out of sync with Cardano network
10. Check if your ISP is blocking the Cardano network: Cardano network blocked by ISP
11. Flush DNS Cache (Windows only)
For assistance, please submit a ticket to the IOHK support team from the Help menu in Daedalus, or by using the submit a request form. For timely resolution, please be sure to send your logs with your request. Please see also How to download log files