Mainnet Release Date: 8th March 2018
- A new "Support request" feature enables users to report a problem and attach their logs directly from Daedalus. This feature is accessible from the main user interface and from the loading screen when there is a delay while connecting to the network or when blockchain syncing stops. This feature will help the development team investigate and solve the problems that users are experiencing.
- Daedalus detects when the time on a user's machine is out of sync with the global time and displays an error message asking the user to fix the issue. Before this feature was added, when there was a time difference of 20 seconds or more, the Cardano node was unable to connect to the network and validate the blockchain, and Daedalus would be held on the loading screen with the "Connecting to network” message. This feature will eliminate the problem of users being held on the loading screen because of the time difference issue.
- Improved handling when restoring a wallet: when the wallet is being restored from the recovery phrase, instead of blocking the user interface a friendly notification is displayed to indicate the operation is in progress.
- When restoring a wallet, the text input user interface control for entering the recovery phrase is replaced with autocomplete input control for easier and quicker word entry.
- The loading screen is updated to include both the Cardano and Ada logos.
- Handling of connected/disconnected state is improved and a lost internet connection is now detected, and brings the user to the loading screen to indicate that wallet is not currently operational.
- The ‘About’ dialog is updated to include the version of Cardano and build number along with the Daedalus version number.
- Electron, an essential part of core application infrastructure, is updated to version 1.7.11, which resolves security issues.
- Frontend log files are moved from Logs to the Logs/pub folder where the rest of the log files are located that do not contain sensitive information.
Cardano SL 1.1.0
- Logs are compressed when sent to the reporting server to reduce bandwidth usage.
- The Cardano launcher configuration is improved with support for the YAML format to remove the need for custom scripts for launching the Cardano node.
- A new option for launching the Cardano node allows usage of API endpoints without TLS encryption for easier testing while developing integrations.
- Fixed improper node shutdowns, which caused some of the ‘connecting to network’ issues when using Daedalus. Improved Cardano node shutdown behaviour by improvements to concurrency and exception handling, providing fixes to rocksdb database bindings.
- Fixed transaction queuing and resubmission logic to remove some of the issues reported by cryptocurrency exchanges.
- Several minor fixes to the update system for correctly receiving and installing updates from the blockchain to remove some of the reported cases of failed updates.
- Fixed several space leaks in the operation of the Cardano node, fixing the Cardano node using all memory resources issue.
- Fixed a bug with block retrieval, causing the extremely slow syncing after blockchain syncing reaches 99%.
- Fixed a bug with blockchain syncing in case of unreliable internet connection, causing the blockchain syncing to never complete.
- Fixed a bug causing block syncing to stop working in some cases when the Cardano node is left running for an extended period of time.
- Improved performance of blockchain syncing by the removal of some unnecessary serialization and deserialization.
- Fixed a bug causing the Cardano node to fail to start on slow computers, caused by a too-restrictive 5-second timeout.
- Improved networking policy by allowing more time to connect to the network, resolving connectivity problems for users on slow internet connections.
- Significant performance improvements for API endpoints for handling wallet operations, where the issues previously caused slow performance for users operating wallets with a large number of addresses, such as cryptocurrency exchanges.
- Logging improved by making logs less verbose when that is not needed and by expanding the logs to cover more cases necessary for better issue diagnostics and easier quality assurance.
- Improved automated issue reporting for some previously uncovered cases of Cardano node failures.