8th March 2018
- A new "Support request" feature enables users to report a problem and attach their logs directly from Daedalus. This feature is accessible from the main user interface and from the loading screen when there is a delay while connecting to the network or when blockchain syncing stops. This feature will help the development team investigate and solve the problems that users are experiencing.
- Daedalus detects when the time on a user's machine is out of sync with the global time and displays an error message asking the user to fix the issue. Before this feature was added, when there was a time difference of 20 seconds or more, the Cardano node was unable to connect to the network and validate the blockchain, and Daedalus would be held on the loading screen with the "Connecting to network” message. This feature will eliminate the problem of users being held on the loading screen because of the time difference issue.
- Improved handling when restoring a wallet: when the wallet is being restored from the recovery phrase, instead of blocking the user interface a friendly notification is displayed to indicate the operation is in progress.
- When restoring a wallet, the text input user interface control for entering the recovery phrase is replaced with autocomplete input control for easier and quicker word entry.
- The loading screen is updated to include both the Cardano and Ada logos.
- Handling of connected/disconnected state is improved and a lost internet connection is now detected, and brings the user to the loading screen to indicate that wallet is not currently operational.
- The ‘About’ dialog is updated to include the version of Cardano and build number along with the Daedalus version number.
- Electron, an essential part of core application infrastructure, is updated to version 1.7.11, which resolves security issues.
- Frontend log files are moved from Logs to the Logs/pub folder where the rest of the log files are located that do not contain sensitive information.