Section A: Install Daedalus
- Read here about System Requirments
- Daedalus is a resource intensive application if you want to manage Ada quickly and easily you can try Yoroi our lite wallet.
- Go to https://daedaluswallet.io/#download and download the latest version of Daedalus wallet.
- After the download has completed, double-click the installer package.
- The Daedalus installer package will unpack and install Daedalus wallet on your Machine.
- Once the installation is complete, launch the Daedalus app using the desktop icon.
- This will start Daedalus wallet. Select your language and click Continue.
- The Daedalus wallet will start syncing blocks. It is creating a copy of the Cardano Blockchain. The blockchain is 15 Gb as of October 2018. This process will take a while. How long it takes depends on many factors so it's hard to predict.
- Once sync has reached 100% Daedalus wallet will open and show you the Daedalus wallet dashboard.
Section B: Create a new wallet
- From the Daedalus wallet dashboard click on Create.
Give the new wallet a name. Note that the wallet name - must use Latin characters
Create a spending password (the spending password will be required each time you send Ada).
- Next record the 12-word Daedalus wallet recovery phrase, it is VERY IMPORTANT. If you lose your 12-word Daedalus wallet recovery phrase you will lose all your Ada. Read more about keeping your Ada safe
- You are required to verify the12-word Daedalus wallet recovery phrase, type in the one word at a time and click Confirm. (tip: you have to click on the word that shows up as you type to enter the word into the recovery phrase field).
Remember that you can always confirm your phrase by following the instructions in this help topic: How to check your 12-word Daedalus wallet recovery phrase
Section C: Next Steps
- Find out how to stay safe online and how to report inappropriate activity in the Cardano community.
- Get some Ada into your wallet.
- The most comprehensive and up to date list of exchanges selling Ada is at https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cardano/#markets
- Give your address to someone who wants to send you Ada, and check out
- Recieve Ada [needs improvement]
- Send Ada