Section A: Install Daedalus
- Read here about System Requirments. Please note that Daedalus is a resource intensive application. If you want to manage ada quickly and easily you can try Yoroi our lite wallet.
- Go to https://daedaluswallet.io/#download and download the latest version of Daedalus wallet.
- After the download has completed, double-click the installer package.
- The Daedalus installer package will unpack and install Daedalus wallet on your Machine.
- Once the installation is complete, launch the Daedalus app using the desktop icon.
- This will start Daedalus wallet. Select your language and click Continue.
- The Daedalus wallet will start syncing blocks. Here, it is creating a copy of the Cardano Blockchain.
- Once sync has reached 100% Daedalus wallet will open and show you the Daedalus wallet dashboard.
Section B: Create a new wallet
- From the Daedalus wallet dashboard click on Create.
Give the new wallet a name.
Create a spending password (the spending password will be required each time you send ada.)
- Next record the 12-word Daedalus wallet recovery phrase, it is VERY IMPORTANT. If you lose your 12-word Daedalus wallet recovery phrase you will lose all your ada. Read more about Preventing loss of ada
- You are required to verify the12-word Daedalus wallet recovery phrase, click the words in order.
Remember that you can always confirm your phrase by following the instructions in How to check your recovery phrase
Section C: Next Steps
- Find out how to stay safe online and how to report inappropriate activity in the Cardano community here: Tips for Staying Safe Online
- Get some ada into your wallet.
- The most comprehensive and up to date list of exchanges selling ada is at https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cardano/#markets
- Give your address to someone who wants to send you ada, and check out
- Recieve ada [needs improvement]
- Send ada