Section A: Install Daedalus
- Read about System Requirments. Please note that Daedalus is a resource intensive application. If you want to manage ADA quickly and easily you can try Yoroi our lite wallet.
- Read about our Cybersecurity guidelines for Cardano users.
- Go to https://daedaluswallet.io/#download and download the latest version of Daedalus wallet for your operating system (MacOS, Windows or Linux). Note: Daedalus wallet DOES NOT have a mobile (Android or iOS) version.
- After the download has completed, double-click the installer package.
- The Daedalus installer package will unpack and install Daedalus wallet on your computer.
- Once the installation is complete, launch the Daedalus app using the desktop icon.
- This will start Daedalus wallet. Select your language, number, date and time format, and click Continue.
- If you agree with the terms of service you may click Continue. Tick the box at the bottom of the popup to indicate you agree.
- Daedalus wallet will open and show you the wallet dashboard. Blockchain synchronization will begin - notice the synchronization indicator in the top right corner of the window.
Section B: Create a new wallet
- From the Daedalus wallet dashboard click on Create.
Give the new wallet a name.
Create a spending password. The spending password will be required each time you send ADA, delegate your wallet to a stake pool or register for voting. (Note: you can reset the spending password only by restoring the wallet, using your 24 words recovery phrase)
Click on Create Shelley wallet
Read the instructions and make sure nobody can see your screen
- Next write down the 24-word Daedalus wallet recovery phrase, it is VERY IMPORTANT. Do not save your recovery phrase on your computer and do not take a photo of it. The safest way to store it is offline. If you lose your 24-word Daedalus wallet recovery phrase you will lose access to all your ADA. The recovery phrase cannot be changed, reset or bypassed. Read more about Preventing loss of ada
- You are required to verify the 24-word Daedalus wallet recovery phrase. Enter the 24 words in the exact order. Start by typing the first few characters of the word, then use the mouse to click on the chosen word.
Remember that you can always verify your phrase by following the instructions in How to check your recovery phrase
Section C: Next Steps
- Find out how to stay safe online and how to report inappropriate activity in the Cardano community here: Tips for Staying Safe Online
- Get some ADA into your wallet.
- The most comprehensive and up to date list of exchanges selling ADA is at https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cardano/#markets
- Check how to Send and Receive ADA