Being vigilant and safe online is increasingly important especially in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space! When dealing with Cardano ada or any other cryptocurrency, it is especially important to be extra cautious.
We will never ask you for money, your password, your passphrase or your secret folders.
Official partnerships/affiliations will always be announced through official channels.
Use caution and do your own research before transferring funds.
When dealing with Cardano ada or any other cryptocurrency, it is especially important to be extra cautious.
Here are some security tips that we recommend:
- Do not share your password, passphrase, or secrets folders with anyone. Report people who ask you to do this to report@Cardano.org.
- Use good judgment and critical thinking when using a site/service - if it looks too good to be true, it probably is and always check the URL address! Please see below for a list of our websites.
- Use the IOHK Daedalus wallets for Windows Mac and Linux, Download them from https://daedaluswallet.io See Daedalus wallet editions for more info on the different editions of Daedalus.
- See Cardano Foundation's great Cardano Stay Safe Content [UPDATED]
- Please be aware of fake/scam smartphone apps. There are currently no Android or iOS versions of Daedalus wallet.
- We, or any of the Cardano affiliated organizations/personnel, will never ask you to send us ada or other cryptocurrencies. Please be aware of scams like this that have appeared on Facebook, Twitter, LINE and other social platforms.
- Beware of anyone claiming to have a collaboration/partnership with one of the Cardano ecosystem entities: Cardano Foundation, IOHK, Emurgo. Partnerships or collaborative efforts are always announced by the official accounts.
- Do not disclose your balance or portfolio details online. This can make you a target for hackers.
- Do not rush into anything, doing a little online research which can reveal a scam or something which has been flagged as negative by the community.
- See Preventing Loss of ada for more safety tips.
Reporting Suspicious Activities, Social Accounts or Sites
Finally, if you have suspicions or would like to report a scam, please email us immediately at report@Cardano.org As the official Cardano organisation, we can often put pressure on 3rd parties to take down scams. Our first action will be to contact the hosting provider, domain registrant or social media platform directly. We also rely on the community reporting these directly to 3rd parties, so please do report any scams directly with the relevant party as well as to report@Cardano.org.
When reporting something you have seen, please add in the social channel in the email subject line. For example:
Telegram - reporting someone spamming
Fake website looks like a scam
Reddit - someone is posting scam links
[@Username] - on Telegram asked me to share my secrets folder
This will hlep us to deal with the issue efficiently.
We are grateful for the vigilant and diligent community.
Please let other community members know about the report@Cardano.org email address
Do not get scammed - official web sites and channels
Cardano official communities/sites
- Cardano Official Community Channel List (list of official community channels)
Cardano Foundation official communities/sites
IOHK official communities/sites
Emurgo official communities/sites