Since Daedalus 0.10.0 / Update of Cardano 1.2.0" update, Ada can be stored with the Daedalus paper wallet.
If you have not set up a paper wallet yet, please refer to the article Create a paper wallet
Creating a Daedalus paper wallet is just the first step, for it to be useful, you need to send your Ada to it.
This is the instructions for how to send Ada from Daedalus wallet to Daedalus paper wallet.
1. Scan the QR code with your smartphone to obtain the address of the Daedalus paper wallet.
2. Send the Daedalus paper wallet address to the machine where you have Daedalus wallet installed.
3. Copy the paper wallet address to your clipboard.
4. Open the Cardano Blockchain Explorer and paste the Daedalus paper wallet address into the search box, click on Address and then click the search icon. (Our sister company Emurgo has also created an explorer https://seiza.com/home it's very user-friendly, see that web site for more info.)
5. You can check your Daedalus aper wallet address and balance. At this point, if you have a new paper wallet, the balance should be 0 Ada.
6. Open Daedalus wallet and click Send
7.Paste the Daedalus paper wallet address into the Receiver field, and input the amount of Ada you want to send to the Daedalus paper wallet in the Amount field, then click Next
8.Enter the spending password for this Daedalus wallet and Click Send
9. Reload the Cardano Blockchain Explorer browser page. You will see the amount of Ada you sent to your papaer wallet in the paper wallet address.
10. You will also be able to see the transaction in the Transaction History of the Daedalus Wallet.