Editions: Daedalus, Daedalus Rewards
Submitting log files is safe, there are no secrets and no personal information in the log files.
Included in the Log file submission
When you generate a log file from Daedalus here is what is included in the resulting .zip file.
- Only latest 3 node.json logs are included.
- Only the latest 3 launcher logs are included
- System Info file
- Daedalus log file
Included in the Pub folder submission
The name of the Pub folder stands for Public, all the information in this folder is safe to send via email which is an insecure communications channel unless the email is encrypted.
Here is what's in the Pub folder: (this list may change as versions change, not everyone is on the same release so things may vary slightly)
- There are usually many of these Launcher- log files with different timestamps
- There are usually many of these node.jason log files with different timestamps
The difference between the Pub folder and the Log file submission
As you can see in the above descriptions of the Log file Submission and the Pub folder there is more information in the Pub folder. We do not usually request it for support purposes because the maximum file size for our support system is 20Mb and the Pub folder is often bigger than this.
Reading the System Info file.
The easiest way to read the System Info file is:
- Go to https://jqplay.org/ and paste the contents of the System-info.json file into the JSON field.
- Select Raw Output
- Paste the fiollowing text (including ") into the Filter field
"\(.at)\ncardano version:\(.data.cardanoVersion)\ndaedalus version:\(.data.daedalusVersion)\nplatform version: \(.data.platformVersion)\nram: \((.data.ram | tonumber)/1024/1024/1024)gig\nnetwork: \(.data.network)\nos: \(.data.osName)"
You should see something like the following result.