Node crashes(only happened on MacOS). On the Diagnostics screen, we see a numeric value in the "Cardano Process ID" while the "Node Responding" is "NO"
The root issue is missing (or problematic) a local hosts file.
1. Open Terminal
2. Enter the following command: "sudo vi /etc/hosts" (without the quotes!)
3. Enter your macOS account password (the one used to login on macOS startup)
4. Paste in the following information:
# Host Database
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.
5. Save the file by typing ":wq"
6. Restart your machine and start Daedalus again.