This section contains some guides on getting started with the Shelley network testnet.
Before You Start
1. Windows users should use PowerShell and not CMD for executing these commands.
2. If there is anything in this documentation that does not make sense, or does not work for you, please let us know by logging a support request.
3. Check here for Known Issues before you get started.
The following articles walk you through typical tasks step-by-step:
October 16, 2019, We recommend that you wait for installers which we are developing before attempting to install and use jormungandr on Windows. These instructions will likely not work for you. If you are still keen to run jormungandr on windows you can try using git bash which allows you to enter Linux commands found in the Linux articles on this site but we do not support the use of Git Bash here.
- How to install Jormungandr Networking (Linux/macOS)
- How to Install Jormungandr Networking (Windows)
- How to Start the Node
- How do I check that my node is in sync?
- How to generate an address manually
- How to create a new Address using a script (Linux/macOS)
- How to create a new Address using a script (Windows)
- How to get funds from the Shelley Testnet Faucet
- How to check the address balance
- How to send funds using a script (Linux/macOS)
- How to send funds using a script (Windows)
- How to Delegate your stake manually
- How to delegate an Account's stake using a script (Windows)
- How to delegate an Account's stake using a script (Linux/macOS)
- How to check that your stake is delegated