Mainnet Release Date: 31 October 2019
Testnet Release Date: 29 October 2019
Daedalus Demonstration Video
This video explains and demonstrates new features and enhancements in this release.
This release brings important changes to Daedalus, including
- newsfeeds for delivering news and notifications to users
- verification of the wallet recovery phrase
- removal of ada redemption
It also provides fixes and improvements, including:
- new implementation of the number input component
- redesigned user interface for the update system
The newsfeed delivers news to Daedalus users directly via the user interface. Newsfeed has four types of news and, depending on its importance, news may be delivered in the newsfeed sidebar, which is on the right of the Daedalus window and can be opened and closed, or vital news may cover the whole screen.
Wallet recovery phrase verification
The wallet recovery phrase verification feature, available in wallet settings for each wallet in Daedalus, allows users to check that they have the correct wallet recovery phrase by entering their 12-word phrase.
This feature will also warn users if their recovery phrase has not been verified for a long period of time. Six months after the creation or restoration of the wallet, users will get a yellow warning if the recovery phrase has not been verified. After a year, they will get a red warning. Users don’t need to verify their recovery phrase if they are sure it is correct. Users can ignore these warnings.
Redesigned update system
The update system has been redesigned. A notification for users that an update is available now covers the whole screen instead of being delivered in the Daedalus notification area. Update notifications now also include the current Daedalus version number and the version number that will be installed during the update.
Updated behavior of system dialog windows
The system dialog window for choosing where to save files, such as downloaded logs or paper wallet certificates, has been changed to improve the user experience. Instead of being displayed as a separate window, it is now displayed on top of the Daedalus user interface.
The user interface component for entering the amount of ada when creating a transaction has been changed to improve the user experience and fix an issue when entering numbers.
Available hard drive space checks
Checks on the available hard drive space have been improved for cases where the information cannot be obtained from the operating system. Instead of failing in this case, an “unknown” value for available hard drive space is displayed. This case is also covered by the linked support portal article explaining why this check cannot be performed in some cases.
Minor user interface fixes
This Daedalus version also contains these minor user interface fixes and improvements:
- Scrollbars in the part of the user interface with the list of wallets are now transparent and are displayed on top of the list instead of taking up horizontal space in the user interface.
- Improved Japanese translation for “Feature requests” menu item.
- The minimum height of the Daedalus window has been changed and is different for Windows and macOS to accommodate differences in the height of system title bars.
- Pluralization when displaying the number of confirmations in transaction details has been improved to correctly reflect when a transaction has only one confirmation.
- The positioning of icons for external links and copying to clipboard has been improved.
- Styling for dropdown user interface components has been improved to match the user interface theme colors and there is no longer an arrow pointing to the input component.
- Tooltips for displaying error messages for connecting to the network on the Daedalus diagnostic screen have been removed in the case when there is no error message.
Redemption of vouchers from the 2015-17 pre-sale (Japan only) is no longer supported directly via the 0.15.0 version of the Daedalus user interface. Users who want to redeem their vouchers should now refer to the support portal. You can also contact the IOHK Technical Support Desk team for assistance.
Cardano SL 3.1.0
Endpoint for calculating a wallet ID based on the wallet recovery phrase
The endpoint was created to help verify a wallet ID based on the wallet recovery phrase.
- MacOS: MacOS 10.12, MacOS 10.13, MacOS 10.14, MacOS 10.15
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 (Only 64-bit Windows is supported)
- Tested against:
- Ubuntu 18.04
- Fedora 28
- Aimed at all Linux distributions
- Tested against:
Recommended minimum hardware requirements
- 64-bit dual core processors
- 4 GB of RAM
- 10 GB of free drive space
- Broadband Internet connection