How to navigate to this feature using the Menu
How to navigate to this feature using the User Interface
1. Take your wallet recovery phrase from the safe place where you are keeping it and launch your Mainnet Daedalus wallet.
2. Select the wallet for which you want to verify the recovery phrase in the list of wallets on the left side and click on “Settings” on the “More” tab.
3. Click the “Verify wallet recovery phrase” button in the “Do you have your wallet recovery phrase?” section of the wallet settings page.
4. Make sure nobody can see or record your screen and confirm this by ticking the box and click “Continue”.
5. Enter the list of 12-words from your wallet recovery phrase in the correct order and click verify.
6. You should see the “Verification successful” message on your screen if you have entered the correct wallet recovery phrase.
7. In case you get a “verification failure” message you can click the “Verify again” button to go back and re-enter your wallet recovery phrase. If you have multiple wallet recovery phrases and you are not sure which one belongs to which wallet you can try entering one by one until you find the correct one.
This feature was added in Cardano 1.7.0: Daedalus 0.15.0 and Cardano SL 3.1.0 - Release Notes