Instructions for macOS
- Obtain both the Daedalus installer .pkg file and its corresponding .pkg.asc signature file – put them in the same directory.
- If you already have the GPG Suite installed, and a personal key generated, please skip to step 5, and if not, proceed with the next step.
- Go to https://gpgtools.org, head to the GPG Suite section, download the .dmg file and install it:
- Right-click the .dmg file, then Open, which will open a new window with two icons: Install and Uninstall
- Right-click the Install icon, and choose Open with.. -> Installer, which should start the GPG Suite installer
- Follow through the installation wizard
- Once GPG Suite installation completes, it will ask you to create a new key pair (this is required for step 6, so please don’t skip it):
- Enter a name and an email that suit you personally.
- Choose a passphrase to protect your personal key (NOTE: the passphrase can be empty, but it is not recommended if you intend to use this key and GPG Suite in future).
- Import the IOHK key using the GPG Keychain application:
- Select Key -> Lookup Key on Key Server in the application menu
- Search for email@example.com
- Choose the key with fingerprint CBFAA9BA with the user ID “IOHK Signing Authority <firstname.lastname@example.org>”, then click Retrieve Key
Verify (right-click the imported key, then Details) that the fingerprint of the imported key is D325 87D4 090F E461 CAEE 0FF4 966E 5CB9 CBFA A9BA
- if it’s not, the wrong key was imported, right-click and delete
- if it is, we are good to proceed with the next step.
- Sign the imported IOHK key (this designates trust and is required for the next step):
- Right-click on the imported IOHK key, then “Sign”.
- Verify the installer binary:
- Right-click the Daedalus installer (.pkg file) in Finder (do NOT right click on the .asc file, that will not work), then select Services -> OpenPGP: Verify Signature of File (the .asc signature file must reside in the same directory)
- The Verification Results dialog will then appear with the verdict in the Result column:
- “Signed by: IOHK Signing Authority <email@example.com> 1471941A – full trust” – if successful
- ..anything else means there was no valid signature for the installer.