Total rewards / Unspent rewards Explained
From Daedalus 4.9.0 users are able to see the Total Rewards balance and Unspent Rewards balance from the Rewards tab.
Total Rewards Balance
Total rewards balance is total rewards that you earned since you first delegated the wallet till now.
Unspent Rewards Balance
Unspent Rewards balance is your Rewards balance that your rewards address has currently.
- When you create a transaction from Daedalus to a different wallet, Daedalus automatically consumes your rewards balance from the Rewards address first. This is desirable because rewards balance cannot be used to pay fees, therefore, it will prevent the wallet to have rewards balance only
- After you created a transaction from Daedalus, the Unspent rewards balance will be all withdrawn and become 0 balance.
- The difference will be sent to your payment address so the total wallet balance is still the same.
- Your Daedalus wallet balance contains Rewards balance. (Rewards earned by delegating your stake are automatically collected into your reward account and added to your wallet balance)
Please imagine if you have 100 ADA in Total Rewards and 100 ADA in (Unspent) in your wallet.
If you create a 30 ADA transaction (sending) from your wallet, this process happens on the transaction.
1. All your rewards get withdrawn from your rewards address
2. 30 ADA is sent out.
3. 70 ADA will be sent to your payment address.
Q. I have 43.4 unspent rewards in my Daedalus wallet. where did they come from?
A. It must be rewarded distribution from the recent epoch(s). This balance is your current rewards balance in your rewards address. If this is the same rewards balance from the last epoch, it means you have not created any send transaction from this wallet since you distributed this rewards balance.
Q. How can I transfer my unspent balance to my main total?
A. Unspent balance is already contained in your main balance. You don't need to do anything but if you want to withdraw your Unspent balance, please create a small transaction to the same wallet address. Please understand that your main balance will be still the same as before.
Also please check More information from
Understanding Cardano transactions and the Cardano Explorer