Not directly after the Current Incentivised Testnet Snapshot We currently anticipate a short delay depending on the progress of several development milestones. The version of the Jormungandr being used to kickstart the Incentivized Testnet will contain the core incentives functionality. But we’ll also need to spin up the new network using the data in the snapshot as the new genesis block. Stakepool operators will also need to ensure they are plugged in and fully set up. Then the delegation functionality can be implemented, and staking can begin. We’ll be doing further tests throughout this period - including testing the delegation and staking mechanism - and only when the network is performing as expected will we switch on real ada rewards.
Articles in this section
- What is staking?
- How much will I make by staking?
- Will I be able to start staking straight away?
- What is stake pool performance?
- What is stake pool saturation?
- How should l judge a good stake pool?
- Can I run a private stake pool?
- Will I be able to add more ada to my testnet wallet after the snapshot?
- Will IOHK, Emurgo, or Cardano run stake pools?
- Will IOHK, Emurgo, or Cardano moderate or control stake pools?