This information is republished from https://github.com/cardano-foundation/incentivized-testnet-stakepool-registry/wiki
The Foundation cannot 'retire' a pool once deployed, only the pool owner can. Pool operators might wrongly believe they can retire their pool by removing their metadata from the registry, but pool REGISTRATION is recorded on the blockchain (the registry holds pool owners' metadata).
Pool retirement therefore requires an explicit retirement certificate to be submitted on chain (through jcli / Not yet supported) Keep in mind that the less ADA is delegated to a pool, the less likely the pool will be elected as a slot leader and the less attractive it will be to others for delegation.
If you still want your pool to be removed from the chain, seek help on the official Jörmungandr repository: https://github.com/input-output-hk/jormungandr/issues
Remember that in order to help you better, the team will need to understand/have:
- What your problem is, what are you trying to achieve.
- What would you expect from the software/tools you're using
- What issue/impediment are you facing
- Which version(s) of the software are you using
- Extra details about your operating system
- An indication of your proficiency and expertise of the topic