* Daedalus stuck at “verifying the blockchain % complete” or “connecting to network”
When opening Daedalus, the user is shown the message “Connecting to network” or “Verifying the blockchain N% complete” and makes no progress.
At startup, cardano-node needs to build a Ledger State and prepare the databases that store the chain. This process usually takes a few minutes, but can take a long time if:
1) There is data corruption.
2) The node needs to reapply blocks from an old disk snapshot.
Warning: Restarting Daedalus or the node during the initialization process leads to longer initialization times on the next startup.
To overcome the issue:
- Have at least 15 GB of free disk space
- Close every other application to free up as much RAM as possible for the node to use. This is particularly applicable if your machine has around 8GB in RAM.
- Disable settings that put your machine in sleep mode
- Wait for the process to complete. It can take from 20 to 120 minutes.
To prevent the issue:
- Avoid restarting the node or Daedalus during the initialization process: i.e. while “connecting to network” or “Verifying the blockchain”
- Avoid closing your laptop lid when Daedalus is running.
- Avoid powering off your computer while Daedalus is running.
- Always close Daedalus properly after using it.
* Wallets disappear from UI
During wallet synchronization one or various wallet disappear from Daedalus interface. We are currently investigating a bug in the wallet back-end as root cause.
1. Closing Daedalus and restarting often solved the issue.
2. If it does not work, please:
2.2 Navigate to the wallets folder
2.3 Delete the content of the wallets folder
2.4 Restart Daedalus
2.5 Restore your wallet again from Recovery Phrase
IMPORTANT: Make sure you have the recovery phrases for all your wallets.
* Pairing Ledger device with Daedalus on a windows machine fails
Some times, when pairing a Ledger device with Daedalus on a Windows machine the device is not recognized. The screen is still asking user to connect and unlock the wallet.
Workaround: Connect and unlock the Ledger device before running Daedalus.
* When upgrading to Daedalus 4.3.1 from version 4.0.5 or older, verifying the blockchain can take from 30 to 90 minutes
Daedalus 4.1.0 and newer include a new version of cardano-node which requires a DB migration on the first startup after the update. The migration can take from 30 up to 90 minutes (possibly longer) depending on your CPU and RAM and the current status of your database.
Learn more: Cardano Node 1.26.1 Release Notes
* [Trezor issue] When using Trezor T with a passphrase, user needs to confirm the passphrase several times.
Users need to confirm their passphrase several times when unlocking the device and accessing their wallet or create transactions. This is due to an issue with trezor firmware.
This does not affect those who only use a pin code. The Trezor team is working to resolve the issue.
Note: The latest Trezor firmware is required for Catalyst Voting. If you use Trezor T with a passphrase and plan to register to vote in Daedalus/Yoroi/AdaLite, you will need to confirm the passphrase several times.
If your problem is not listed here...
For assistance, please submit a ticket to the IOHK support team from the Help menu in Daedalus, or by using the submit a request form.