Daedalus Shelley Testnet 1.1.0-STN1 - Release Notes and balance check instructions
Daedalus 1.1.0-STN1 is the second Daedalus release that is compatible with the Shelley Testnet. It offers balance check functionality to those who participated in the Incentivized Testnet program and earned rewards from delegating their stake. Users can now check if their rewards balance is reflected correctly on the Shelley Testnet. This is a final verification of any rewards earned before reward earnings are transferred over to the Cardano mainnet later this summer. These rewards will subsequently be made available to the user via their mainnet wallet.
New features will be added incrementally to Daedalus to support the Shelley testnet during the Shelley rollout. These features include support for delegation, support for legacy Byron wallets, enabling the movement of funds from legacy Byron wallets to new Shelley wallets, as well as the ability to view stake pools, and check earned rewards.
How to perform the balance check?
To perform the balance check you will need the wallet recovery phrase of your Rewards wallet from the Incentivized Testnet.
0. If you are already using Daedalus 1.0.0-STN1 (which was distributed only to stake pool operators during the Friends and Family phase of the Shelley Testnet), you will need to delete the Daedalus state directory before installing Daedalus 1.1.0-STN1.
1. Install and launch ‘Daedalus Shelley Testnet’
2. Click Restore
3. Select both ‘Daedalus wallet’ and ‘15 words (Shelley wallet)’ for the type of the wallet that you are restoring
4. Enter the 15-word wallet recovery phrase of your Daedalus Rewards wallet from the Incentivized Testnet
5. Name your wallet and set a spending password
6. Your wallet will be restored after clicking ‘Continue’
7. Click ‘Close’ to see the summary screen of your Shelley Testnet wallet. Wait for up to two minutes for the rewards to load and you should see the correct balance of your rewards account. Rewards cannot currently be spent, so they cannot be used to make a transaction. This spending functionality will be delivered with the remainder of the Shelley features in upcoming Daedalus releases.
What if the balances do not match?
In case your rewards balance does not match the rewards you have earned from participation in the Incentivized Testnet program, please verify that you are using the correct wallet recovery phrase.
1. Launch Daedalus Rewards
2. Use the ‘Verify wallet recovery phrase’ function in your wallet settings to confirm that you have the correct wallet recovery phrase
3. If you have used the correct wallet recovery phrase, and your rewards balance does not match, please submit a support request
Daedalus crashes when attempting to use the "download logs" function on older versions of Linux
On older versions of Linux, Daedalus can crash when using the "download logs" function from the Help menu. If Daedalus crashes with no warning in a file chooser dialog, your system gtk+3 schema is probably too old. As a work around you can backup the current file and run these commands to get a newer version, although it may cause an issue with other applications that depend on the older schema.
An alternative workaround is to open the state directory and manually create an archive from the
If you have questions or experience any issues, please remember that our support team is here to assist. To submit a ticket to IOHK support, you can do so from the Help menu in Daedalus, or by using the submit a request form.