These voting instructions are for Daedalus 3.3.0 users. Voting is currently not supported for hardware wallets, so you must register for voting using a regular (software) wallet.
Prerequisites for registration
- Prior to registration, you must install the Catalyst Voting application on your mobile device:
- Android users: Download “Catalyst Voting” from the Google Play store.
- IOS users: Download “Catalyst Voting” from the IOS store.
Fund 3 voting registration
- Open Daedalus and click the voting icon on the left-hand menu bar.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- When the QR code is displayed, Make sure to download the QR code PDF. You will need this at a later date. Once you close the QR screen, you will not be able to access this QR code again. So please ensure you save the QR code image.
- On your mobile device, open the Catalyst Voting app and click the yellow “Register to vote” area.
- Follow the on-screen instructions:
- Click “Scan QR code” and scan the QR code.
- Enter the PIN code you used to encrypt your QR code. Please memorize the PIN (or store it in a safe place), as it will be used every time you access the Catalyst Voting app and confirm your voting actions.
- Ensure that you receive a confirmation from the Catalyst Voting app that registration is complete.
- Wait for an announcement that the voting process is starting via email or on the Catalyst Announcements Telegram Channel.
- Once the voting process has begun, open the Catalyst Voting app on your mobile device.
- You will need to wait up to 10 minutes for your voting power to display.
- If your voting power is not displayed, you should uninstall the app, reinstall the app again, and rescan your QR code.
- Fund3 contains three challenges, with each challenge containing proposals to address the challenge. To begin, choose a challenge from the three choices that are presented.
- You can sort proposals in a challenge by their impact score, proposal cost, or random order.
- Select your preferred proposal, and then click “Yes” or “No” on that proposal.
- Clicking “Yes” or “No” does not submit a proposal, as you still need to cast your votes.
- You are not required to cast proposals to the blockchain one-by-one, instead you can vote on many proposals together, and cast all votes in one step, by accessing the “My votes” screen and clicking “Cast my votes”
- For each proposal on which you vote, all your voting power is cast. For example, if your voting power is 100, and you vote “Yes” on a proposal, the proposal will receive 100 “Yes” votes. If you vote “No” on a different proposal, the other proposal will receive 100 “No” votes.
- You can change your mind and vote again on a proposal, as long as the voting period has not ended . The vote that will count is the last vote you casted before the end of the voting period.
Having trouble with registration?
(1) Visit the Catalyst Chat for quick support from the community and moderators.
(2) Create a support ticket
(3) Join Ideascale to learn all about Catalyst or read the FAQs.