- Trezor support is available on MacOS, Windows and Linux devices
- Start by installing Trezor Bridge
- Install Trezor Suite from https://suite.trezor.io/ and setup your Trezor device
- Ensure your hardware wallet's firmware is up to date by connecting your device to the official Trezor wallet web interface
- Ledger support is available on MacOS, Windows and Linux devices
- Start by installing Ledger Live
- Ensure your hardware wallet's firmware is up to date by connecting your device to the official Ledger Live application
- Install the latest version of the Cardano App in your ledger device using Ledger Live.
Linux + Ledger prerequisites
- Linux users pairing a Ledger HW need to create a set of udev rules to allow device access, please refer to https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005165269
Pairing your hardware wallet with Daedalus
In Daedalus, go to ‘Add wallet’ and click the ‘Pair’ button.
Connect your device to your computer and follow the on-screen instructions. If your device is PIN-locked, you will need to unlock it and confirm your public key.
Your hardware wallet will now be displayed in the list of wallets on the left side. An icon next to the wallet's name will identify this device as a hardware wallet.
For specific instructions on how to pair each hardware wallet model, please see: How to pair Ledger Nano X or Ledger Nano S with Daedalus or How to pair Trezor T with Daedalus
Once your wallet’s transaction history and balance are synchronized with the blockchain, you will be able to start making new transactions.
Sending ada using hardware wallets is similar to sending ada using regular (software) wallets. The only difference is the confirmation of the transaction, which happens on the hardware wallet device instead of Daedalus, using a spending password. Hardware wallets do not require a spending password since these devices are designed to protect your private keys.
To confirm your transaction, make sure the correct hardware wallet is connected to your computer, and follow the on-screen instructions.
After confirming the transaction on the hardware wallet, the Send button will be enabled. Press this button to send the transaction to the Cardano network.
Delegating hardware wallets
You can see the current delegation preferences for your hardware wallets on the Delegation center.
To delegate or re-delegate your hardware wallet, launch the Delegation Wizard and follow the on-screen instructions.
Make sure you have selected a hardware wallet during the wallet selection step. You can identify hardware wallets from regular (software) wallets by the icon displayed on the right side of the wallet’s name.
After selecting a stake pool, you will need to confirm the delegation using your hardware wallet device in the last step of the Delegation Wizard.
Once you have confirmed the delegation choice, the Confirm button will become enabled. Press the button to finish the process and publish your delegation preferences on the Cardano blockchain.
Viewing balance and transaction history
You don’t need to have your hardware wallet connected to your computer to see your wallet’s up-to-date balance and transaction history. The hardware wallet icon will be grayed out when your device is disconnected.
While Daedalus is running, your hardware wallet will be synchronized with the Cardano blockchain.
Connect your hardware wallet to your computer and follow the on-screen instructions when sending ada or delegating your wallet.
For assistance, please submit a ticket to the IOHK support team from the Help menu in Daedalus, or by using the submit a request form.