There are two ways for you to rename your wallet:
1. Rename your wallet through Settings - Normally your wallet is functioning normally and you just want to change the name, so then rename your wallet through Settings.
2. Rename your wallet through restoration - This is helpful for people whose wallet is not functioning well because the wallet name contains non-Latin characters, in this case, you want to change the name but you may have to do it through restoration.
1. Rename your wallet through Settings.
1. Chose the wallet you want to change.
2. Go to the Settings and update the name in the name field.
3. The name must only contain Latin characters, see Wallet name - Must use Latin characters for more information.
2. Rename your wallet through restoration.
Note: In order to restore your wallet you must have your 12-word Daedalus wallet recovery phrase. If you do not have your 12-word Daedalus wallet recovery phrase you will lose all your Ada.
You can check your 12-word Daedalus wallet recovery phrase to see if it is valid.
1. If your wallet is open in Daedalus, on the machine you are using, you will have to delete it before you restore it.
2. Click on Add Wallet in the Daedalus application (Click the wallet Icon in the top left if you do not see Add Wallet in the bottom left)
3. Then click Restore
4. In the Restore a Wallet popup, select the Backup recovery phrase tab. You will see the Wallet name field where you may name your wallet.
5. The name must only contain Latin characters, see Wallet name - Must use Latin characters for more information.