Being vigilant and safe online is increasingly important especially in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space!
When dealing with any sort of funds transfer and/or trading of Cardano Ada or any other cryptocurrency, it is especially important to be extra cautious.
Here are some security tips that we recommend:
- Use good judgement and critical thinking when using a site / service - if it looks to good to be true, it probably is and always check the URL address! Please see below for a list of our websites.
- Use the IOHK Daedalus wallets for Windows Mac and Linux, Download them from https://daedaluswallet.io.
- Please be aware of fake / scam smartphone apps. There are currently no Android or iOS versions of Daedalus wallet.
- We, or any of the Cardano affiliated organizations/personnel, will never ask you to send us Ada or other cryptocurrencies. Please be aware of scams like this that have appeared on Facebook, Twitter and other social platforms.
- Do not disclose your balance or portfolio details online. This can make you a target for hackers.
- Do not rush into anything, doing a little online research which can reveal a scam or something which has been flagged as negative by the community.
- See Preventing Loss of Ada for more safety tips.
Reporting Suspicious Social Accounts or Sites
Finally, if you have suspicions or would like to report a scam, please email us immediately at report@Cardano.org As the official Cardano organisation, we can often put pressure on 3rd parties to take down scams. Our first action will be to contact the hosting provider, domain registrant or social media platform directly. We also rely on the community reporting these directly to 3rd parties, so please do report any scams directly with the relevant party as well as to report@Cardano.org.
When reporting something you have seen, please add in the social channel in the email subject line. For example:
Telegram - reporting someone spamming
Fake website looks like a scam
Reddit - someone is posting scam links
This means that we can deal with the issue efficiently.
We are grateful for the vigilant and diligent community. Please do let other community members know about the new email address to use:
Cardano official sites:
Cardano official communities: