Please visit https://daedaluswallet.io/en/download/ to download and install the latest version of Daedalus wallet for the Cardano mainnet.
- Linux OS, tested against:
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- Fedora 28
- Aimed at all Linux distributions
Recommended Hardware Requirements
- 64-bit Dual core processors
- 8 GB of RAM
- 15 GB of free drive space
- Broadband Internet connection
- Open a terminal, navigate to the folder where you saved the installer (default is Downloads) and give executable permissions to the installer.
Note that you need to install Daedalus as an unprivileged user, not as root:
$ chmod +x ./daedalus-4.0.5-mainnet-17596.bin
- Run the installer:
$ ./daedalus-4.0.5-mainnet-17596.bin* It may take a few seconds for the installer to start executing.
- Start Daedalus using any of these methods:
- Using the desktop Application menu
- Run ~/.local/bin/daedalus-mainnet
- Run daedalus-mainnet (works on Linux distributions that put ~/.local/bin in $PATH
There is no need to uninstall Daedalus from Linux prior to any version upgrade however if you would like to completely remove Daedalus from Linux please see the following article in our support portal: How to uninstall Daedalus from Linux
On some Linux distributions installation may initially fail and request you to run some commands as root to enable kernel.unprivileged_userns_clone. If sudo is available, running these two commands should work:
$ sudo sysctl -w kernel.unprivileged_userns_clone=1
$ sudo sh -c "echo kernel.unprivileged_userns_clone=1 > /etc/sysctl.d/nix-user-chroot.conf"