In this article we will demonstrate the registration and voting process for Project Catalyst as it applies for every Fund.
Prerequisites for registration
Please check the full list of Supported Wallets list in Catalyst Knowledge Base.
Please note: Of the wallets that support Catalyst voting, as listed in this article, only Daedalus is currently made and backed by IOG. Plans are in place for Lace to also support Catalyst voting with IOG's backing in the future. It is important to do your own research when using third-party wallets.
- Minimum requirement of 500 ADA *excluding rewards*
- Prior to registration, you must install the latest version of the Catalyst Voting application on your mobile device, Please note that iPhone 7 models and earlier are not supported.
- Android users: Download “Catalyst Voting” from the Google Play store.
- IOS users: Download “Catalyst Voting” from the IOS store.
- Registration must be completed before snapshot date. Fund10 snapshot: 18/Aug/2023, 21:00 UTC.
- Note: there is a registration fee of 0.17 - 0.18 ADA
- IMPORTANT: If you registered in Fund9 and earlier Funds you are still eligible to Vote, however, from and including Fund10 you must complete a NEW registration in order to receive rewards.
- New registration is required in Daedalus 5.3.0 if you have registered in Daedalus 5.2.0
- Regardless of your wallet, each registration will provide you with a unique QR and PIN code. These must absolutely be saved. No QR code saved, no vote! No PIN code saved, no vote!
1. Install the latest version of the Catalyst Voting application (version 0.1.21) on your mobile device.
2. In the latest version of Daedalus, navigate to the voting registration page from the menu on the left-hand side.
- Confirm that you have installed the Catalyst Voting app.
- Confirm that you hold at least 500 ADA at the time of the snapshot.
- Click on "Register to vote"
3. Select the wallet you wish to vote with and click "Continue" (ensure the wallet contains the minimum required amount for voting: 500 ADA *excluding rewards*)
Note: This amount must remain in this wallet until the snapshot, which will collect your voting power. Dates and times of the snapshots for each Fund will be announced through our official social and communication channels
4. Enter the spending password for your wallet or connect your Hardware wallet and click "Submit registration transaction":
5. Wait for approximately 5 minutes until the transaction is confirmed by the blockchain and click "Continue". Do not close Daedalus during this time, otherwise your registration will be cancelled and you will need to start over:
6. Set a 4 digit PIN code of your choice, confirm it and click "Continue".
Please make sure to remember it or write it down as you will need it for voting later on. Note that if you lose the PIN you will not be able to vote and you will need to repeat the registration process to select a new PIN:
7. Daedalus will generate a QR code that you will use on Catalyst App to complete the registration and to cast your votes.
- Click "Save as PDF"
- Click "Save" in the dialog
- Note that if you don't save the QR code you wont be able to complete your registration and vote.
8. Wait for the confirmation message "PDF successfully downloaded" and click on "Close".
ON YOUR MOBILE PHONE
- Please proceed with the below process only after the snapshot of the current Voting Fund is taken.
- You must use a QR code that you registered before the snapshot.
9. Open the Catalyst Voting app on your mobile device and tap "Let's start" or "Skip":
10. Next - tap on "Connect Wallet":
11. Next - tap on "Scan voting QR code" and scan the QR code, which you received in Step 7.
12. Tap on "I'm ready to scan my QR code" to go to the next step.
13. Tap on "Continue" to allow access to your camera.
14. Enter the 4 digit PIN code, which you set in Step 6 and tap "Confirm".
15. You will see a confirmation message saying that your wallet is successfully connected.
This concludes the registration process.
16. Now you need to wait until the voting starts. When the voting starts you will see your voting power, corresponding to the amount of ADA, which you had in your wallet at the time of the snapshot. In our case the voting power will be 984.
17. Read through the different proposals and place your vote (Yes or No). You can vote for a single proposal, for several proposals or for all proposals - it is up to you. You must cast at least one vote to be eligible for rewards.
18. Select a proposal.
19. After each vote, the Catalyst Voting app will remind you that your votes have not been submitted yet.
20. When you are ready to submit your votes, go to the "My Votes" section and tap "Cast my votes"
21. Enter your PIN (you selected it in Step 6) to authorize the votes and tap "Confirm"
22. You will see a confirmation message saying that your votes have now been submitted to the blockchain. This concludes the voting process.
Note: Once you cast your votes, you will not be able to change it.
How to report potential issues/bugs
If you registered using:
- Daedalus: submit a support request from the Catalyst Voting application.
- Yoroi: submit a request here: https://yoroi-wallet.com/#/support
- AdaLite: submit a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Typhon Wallet - https://support.typhonwallet.io
- CCVault - (Telegram) https://t.me/ccwalletio (Discord) https://discord.gg/7ujnPakZZy