|Registration Availability*1||Currently Open until Snapshot|
|Registration ends (snapshot)*2||4/Aug/2022, 11:00 UTC||5/Jan/2023|
|Voting begins *3||5/Sep/2022, 15:00 UTC||TBD|
|Voting ends||19/Sep/2022, 16:00 UTC||TBD|
*1 If you've registered to vote in Fund 4 or later, your registration will remain valid across voting rounds. Returning users will not need to take action.
*2 New snapshots are taken in each fund - Please be sure to have at least 500 ADA in your wallet by the snapshot deadline.
*3 Regardless of your wallet, each registration will provide you with a unique QR and PIN code. These must absolutely be saved. No QR code saved, no vote! No PIN code saved, no vote!
*4 Reward distribution: when rewards are paid, you will not see a transaction in your wallet's transaction history. Rather, rewards will be sent to your rewards account, not to a payment (receiving) address, so you will see your rewards balance increase. For more information, please see How to check rewards earned from Project Catalyst
Wallets with 500+ADA excluding rewards are eligible to vote.
Wallets need to be delegated. (See how to delegate)
For CLI-generated-wallets the stake key needs to be registered.
About Project Catalyst
1. What is the goal of Project Catalyst?
Create, fund and deliver the future of Cardano. Project Catalyst is an experiment in community innovation, providing a framework to turn ideas into impactful real world projects. Visit https://cardano.ideascale.com/ to learn more.
3. Can I submit my own proposal, how do I do that?
Proposals are welcome, you can submit yours through ideascale.
4. Where to report issues/bugs?
If you registered via:
- Daedalus - Support request
- Yoroi - https://yoroi-wallet.com/#/support
- AdaLite - email@example.com
- Typhon Wallet - https://support.typhonwallet.io
- Eternl- https://eternl.io https://twitter.com/eternlwallet
5. Which wallet application should I use to register?
Daedalus Mainnet, Yoroi, AdaLite, Typhon Wallet, Eternl
6. Do I have to lock my ADA when registering to vote?
No, but you need to make sure your funds are there at snapshot time.
7. Which applications are currently supported?
- Daedalus Mainnet (desktop, Ledger Nano S and X, Trezor T)
- Yoroi mobile (iOS and Android, Ledger Nano S)
- Yoroi browser extension (desktop, Ledger Nano S and X)
- AdaLite-Ledger (desktop, hardware wallet, no mobile support)
- AdaLite-Trezor (desktop, hardware wallet, no mobile support)
- Adalite-Mnemonics (desktop, software wallet)
- Typhon Wallet
- Hardware wallet via CLI interface + Guide
- VotingTools CLI
*Please note: AdaLite, Typhon Wallet, and Eternl are third party wallets not developed or supported by IOHK. It is important to do your own research when using these wallets.
9. What is the minimum balance requirement to participate?
500 ADA excluding rewards. All registrations incur transaction fees.
10. I got a new phone, how do I transfer my registration to it?
Download the application, scan the QR code, decrypt with the pin.
11. When will you support Daedalus with hardware wallets for Catalyst?
Daedalus + hardware wallets are supported. Please be sure to have the latest firmware installed on your hardware wallet device.
12. After scanning the QR code, I enter my PIN but I get a message that the PIN does not match?
That means that either your QR code is incorrect or your PIN is incorrect. Make sure you are using the correct PIN/QR code for the correct Fund.
13. My voting power is not matching the balance of my wallet, why?
- The balance on your wallet includes rewards, voting power only considers balance in UTxOs.
- You moved your balance to a different wallet before the snapshot.
- If you add funds to your wallet after the snapshot that transaction is not considered.
14. In the Catalyst Voting app - why do some of the proposals have a blue border on the right side and others do not?
Projects with the blue border are projects that you have already visited.
15. I registered for voting, but I lost/did not save my QR/PIN - how do I get new ones?
You have to repeat the registration process if you are still in the registration window. This will incur in new transaction fees.
16. How do I register multiple wallets?
- Have separate wallets.
- Get QR code for each (save all the PDF’s and PIN codes).
- Install Catalyst application.
- Vote with wallet 1.
- Tap "Logout" button
- Connect the new wallet
- Vote with wallet 2 and so on.
17. I do not have a Google account, can I install the Catalyst Voting app from .apk?
It is recommended you download the Catalyst Voting application from the Google Play store, however, for those who do not have a Google account, you can install the Catalyst voting app from the links below:
*PLEASE NOTE* If you are installing the application from .apk then you will have to rescan your QR code every Fund.
18. When will voting power be displayed on Catalyst Voting application?
Voting power comes from the balance snapshot and is displayed once the voting period starts.
If you are seeing an incorrect voting power please proceed following steps.
- Click the log-out button (In terms of the scanned QR code, this is equivalent to reinstalling the Catalyst Voting app)
- Scan the QR code again
- Decrypt it with the PIN
- Voting starts on means that you will see the correct voting power amount.
19. How can I verify my vote?
When you submit your votes from the Catalyst Voting application you get a confirmation message. You cannot verify your votes later.
20. How are rewards calculated for voting?
21. Do I receive Voting rewards if I register, but I do not vote?
No, the voter rewards are intended for rewarding active voters only. No votes, no voter rewards.
22. How are rewards for Proposal Assessor calculated?
Proposal Assessor rewards
24. How can I check my rewards earned?
Reward distribution: when rewards are paid, you will not see a transaction in your wallet's transaction history. Rather, rewards will be sent to your rewards account, not to a payment (receiving) address, so you will see your rewards balance increase. For more information, please see How to check rewards earned from Project Catalyst
Known Issues / Troubleshooting
Please note that iPhone 6 and before are not supported.
White screen after update
White screen is displayed after application update
Uninstall and install again
Black screen instead camera view while scanning QR
Black screen instead camera view while scanning QR code, but scanning works properly
*Xiaomi users only
Switch mobile dark mode to light mode
White screen when trying to scan QR code
White screen is displayed when trying to scan QR code.
Close and reopen the app
"No Connection" error when navigating on the App
The "No Connection" error message should be shown only when the API is "down" or the user has no network access.
Close and reopen the app
Pin for voting registration accepts some non-numeric characters
Hyphen "-" comma "," period "." can all be used instead of a numeric value.
Use only numbers to enter PIN
Android app's native back button doesn't invoke on-screen back function
Native back button returns to Scan voting QR code activity, which was previously cancelled.
Use the app back button.
Notifications - Missing Catalyst icon on notification
Missing Catalyst Icon on notification (just a grey box is visible)