|Registration begins||03/Jun/2021, 16:00 UTC||08/Jul/2021, 16:00 UTC|
|Registration ends (snapshot)||11/Jun/2021, 11:00 UTC||19/Jul/2021, 11:00 UTC|
|Voting begins||15/Jun/2021, 11:00 UTC||22/Jul/2021, 11:00 UTC|
|Voting ends||25/Jun/2021, 11:00 UTC||02/Aug/2021, 11:00 UTC|
|Rewards distributed*||12/Jul/2021 - 16/Jul/2021||16/Aug/2021 - 20/Aug/2021|
*Reward distribution: when rewards are paid, you will not see a transaction in your wallet's transaction history. Rather, rewards will be sent to your rewards account, not to a payment (receiving) address, so you will see your rewards balance increase.
Wallets with 500+Ada excluding rewards are eligible to vote.
Daedalus/Yoroi wallets need to be delegated. (See how to delegate)
For CLI-generated-wallets the stake key needs to be registered.
About Project Catalyst
1. What is the goal of Project Catalyst?
Create, fund and deliver the future of Cardano. Project Catalyst is an experiment in community innovation, providing a framework to turn ideas into impactful real world projects.
- Dapps & integrations
- Developer ecosystem
- Challenge setting
- Distributed decision making
- Proposer outreach
- Catalyst value onboarding
3. Can I submit my own proposal, how do I do that?
Proposals are welcome, you can submit yours through ideascale. The next proposal submission will open in mid-August 2021 for Fund6.
4. Where to report issues/bugs?
If you registered via Daedalus: submit a support request from the Catalyst Voting application.
If you registered via Yoroi: submit a request here: https://yoroi-wallet.com/#/support
If you registered via AdaLite: submit a request via email to email@example.com
*If you registered for Fund4 and were able to cast votes successfully, you will be able to reuse your QR code and pin for Fund5.
5. Which wallet application should I use to register?
Daedalus Mainnet, Yoroi, or AdaLite
6. Do I have to lock my ADA when registering to vote?
No, but you need to make sure your funds are there at snapshot time.
7. Which applications are currently supported?
- Daedalus Mainnet (desktop, Ledger Nano S and X, Trezor T)
- Yoroi mobile (iOS and Android, Ledger Nano S)
- Yoroi browser extension (desktop, Ledger Nano S and X)
- AdaLite-Ledger (desktop, hardware wallet, no mobile support)
- AdaLite-Trezor (desktop, hardware wallet, no mobile support)
- Adalite-Mnemonics (desktop, software wallet)
- Hardware wallet via CLI interface + Guide
- VotingTools CLI
8. What are the supported operating systems for the Catalyst Voting application?
Android and iOS (iPhone 7 and above)
9. What is the minimum balance requirement to participate?
500 ADA excluding rewards. All registrations incur transaction fees.
10. I got a new phone, how do I transfer my registration to it?
Download the application, scan the QR code, decrypt with the pin.
11. When will you support Daedalus with hardware wallets for Catalyst?
Daedalus + hardware wallets are supported in Fund5 (Daedalus 4.2.0.) Please be sure to have the latest firmware installed on your hardware wallet device.
12. After scanning the QR code, I enter my PIN but I get a message that the PIN does not match?
That means that either your QR code is incorrect or your PIN is incorrect. Make sure you are using the correct PIN/QR code for the correct Fund.
13. My voting power is not matching the balance of my wallet, why?
- The balance on your wallet includes rewards, voting power only considers balance in UTxOs.
- You moved your balance to a different wallet before the snapshot.
- If you add funds to your wallet after the snapshot that transaction is not considered.
14. In the Catalyst Voting app - why do some of the proposals have a blue border on the right side and others do not?
Projects with the blue border are projects that you have already visited.
15. I registered for voting, but I lost/did not save my QR/PIN - how do I get new ones?
You have to repeat the registration process if you are still in the registration window. This will incur in new transaction fees.
16. How do I register multiple wallets?
- Have separate wallets in Daedalus or Yoroi.
- Get QR code for each (save all the PDF’s and PIN codes).
- Install Catalyst application.
- Vote with wallet 1.
- Uninstall Catalyst application.
- Install Catalyst application again.
- Vote with wallet 2 and so on.
17. When will voting power be displayed on Catalyst Voting application?
Voting power comes from the balance snapshot and is displayed once the voting period starts
18. How can I verify my vote?
When you submit your votes from the Catalyst Voting application you get a confirmation message. You cannot verify your votes later.
19. How are rewards calculated for voting?
20. How are rewards for advisors calculated?
21. I voted and submitted my votes, but I can vote again - why?
You can override your previous vote by voting again. For example, you might change your mind about a project and change your vote, only the last vote counts.
22. How can I check my rewards earned?
When rewards are paid, you will not see a transaction in your wallet's transaction history. Rather, rewards will be sent to your rewards account, not to a payment (receiving) address, so you will see your rewards balance increase.
Known Issues / Troubleshooting
*Please note that iPhone 6 and before are not supported.
Complete registration to receive voting power
After voting starts: The application requests the user to complete registration again, even after the user scans the QR code used previously.
Scan the saved QR code again.
|White screen when trying to scan QR code||White screen is displayed when trying to scan QR code.||Close and reopen the app|
"No Connection" error when navigating on the App
The "No Connection" error message should be shown only when the API is "down" or the user has no network access.
Close and reopen the app
Pin for voting registration accepts some non-numeric characters
Hyphen "-" comma "," period "." can all be used instead of a numeric value.
Use only numbers to enter PIN