Synchronization stops for an extended period of time.
Daedalus wallet is a full node wallet. This means it creates a copy of the entire Cardano blockchain on your machine. Sometimes this blockchain data becomes corrupted causing Daedalus wallet to stop working properly. Deleting the blockchain data and syncing it again is a solution to this problem.
1. Verify that your machines meets Daedalus system requirements
2. Verify if it is synchronizing.
- Press Ctrl+D (windows/linux) or CMD+D (macos) to access the Diagnostics screen.
- Check that "Last synchronized block" is increasing on your machine (see image below).
- If it increases constantly, please WAIT for it to complete!
3. If synchronization is not progressing, you need to delete and restore blockchain data.
See other Known Issues