Using the BIP39 Wordlist to Check Your Recovery Phrase
The following problems may be resolved with this solution:
- Your 12-word/24-word Daedalus wallet recovery phrase is not allowing you to restore your wallet properly, so you would like to check that the words that you have are valid for a recovery phrase.
- You are unable to access Daedalus to check your recovery phrase
- You are also unable or unwilling to migrate to Yoroi to check the validity of your recovery phrase.
A correct recovery phrase is necessary to:
- Maintain access to your ada
- Restore your wallet
- Migrate your wallet to Yoroi
You can cross-reference your recovery phrase with the list of words that were used to generate your phrase: BIP39 word list. This method will allow you to check if your list of words have been spelled and recorded correctly, but this does not offer a way to ensure the correct order of the words.